More for my own reference point; if I’ve used something that was effective in the classroom, it should appear elsewhere on my site…
- Dan Meyer – he has also written a post of bloggers/sites he likes
- Dan has also helped (from what I can tell) with the creating headaches website: ideas for generating a ‘headache’ that the ‘aspirin’ of mathematics can help solve!
- Geometry teacher
- Maths blogger
- Maths Mistakes – interesting concept
- Desmos Classroom Activities (here is also a site/doc dedicated to Middle School Desmos Activities)
- Maths Kit – access to things like graph paper… and heaps more!
- Estimation 180 – great warm up/discussion activities
- Middle School Math Blogs – whole list of different pages from here
- Reason and Wonder – worth keeping an eye on (Michael Fenton’s blog, employee of Desmos whose work I’ve used before)
- When math happens (and a link to Jesus stuff too!)
- Mr Orr might be a geek (?!) but he puts some good stuff up online, including this page on ‘starting a maths fight’ that reminds me of some key sites, most of which I’ve used.
- OK, this one isn’t a blog site, but wanted to make a note someday to maybe check out Minecraft Education? Dan Haesler is keen on it! Would like to maybe try it with a Supp class or something?? (NB. there is also classcraft)