- Sourced via twitter (@laurenduca), this one is a good statistics / bar graph / bar chart discussion starter!
- Sourced off twitter too I think, but not 100% sure who to thank sorry? Good percentage discussion idea!
- This one was inspired from an open middle problem on two digit numbers (included in picture) but then I added my own… and it worked!
- I was looking for an idea for a probability class and had some fun (and confusion!) with the first resource on the would you rather page, in particular working with the image below or the 2 dice version.
We’d just done tree diagrams and it certainly reinforces why trees are a hassle with dice compared to coins!! But the brilliant thing was when one of the ‘lower flyers’ in the class worked out the pattern early on to show the answer! The answers we got were 25% and 56% for the above (L to R) and 50% and 83.3% for 2 coins/2 dice…?
- I also came across a site with someone else’s ‘favourite math games‘ that might help either as a starter or during lessons.