- “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” William Arthur Ward.
- “Teaching is the most dangerous occupation” – re: changing minds/hearts of so many minds. A quote from one of Thomas Nielsen’s former educators. Richard Manning described it as “the most important thing a culture can do for itself”.
- “the goal of education… is helping the person to become the best that he is able to become.” Abraham Maslow (tied up with his ideas of self-actualization).
- “Behaviour has a function.” Richard Manning.
- “Giving is the most potent force on the planet.” An article about the many benefits of giving – Post, S., & Neimark, J. (2007). Find the fire (Ch.1). Why good things happen to good people (pp. 1-15). New York, USA: Broadway Press. Nielsen (wk4 reading) claims that: “one of the healthiest things we can do is to give”! Article mentions how, even when enforced, there are benefits of giving…